ANDERSON, S.C. – The fifth-seeded Lander women's basketball team takes on top-seeded and No. 15-ranked Anderson in the second round of the NCAA Southeast Regional on Saturday night at 7:30 p.m., at the Abney Athletic Center.
WATCH: Southeast Regional
AUDIO: Bearcat Broadcasting Network
LIVE STATS: Southeast Regional
SOCIAL: Follow @LanderWBB on Twitter for in-game updates
• Lander (23-8) is making its 13th apperance in the NCAA Tournament. The Bearcat are 11-12 overall in the NCAA Tournament and are back in the Southeast Regional for the fifth consecutive season. Lander earned its first-ever trip to the NCAA Tournament in 1999.
• Lander and Anderson (30-2) have met once in the NCAA Tournament. The Bearcats defeated the Trojans 96-55 in the first round of the 2010 Southeast Regional.
• The Bearcats have advanced to the second round of the NCAA Tournament in three consecutive seasons for the first time since 2010-12.
• Lander has won at least 23 games in a season for the 10th time in program history and have recorded five consecutive 23-win seasons for the first time ever.
• The Bearcats are 5-4 all-time against Anderson
• The Peach Belt Conference has had at least one team advance to the second round of the NCAA Tournament every year since 1996. This marks the fourth consecutive season that multiple PBC teams have advanced to the second round.
• Lander is searching for its first appearance in the NCAA Southeast Regional championship since 2012.