ANDERSON, S.C. – The fifth-seeded Lander women's basketball team begins its NCAA Southeast Regional with an opening round matchup against fourth-seeded Carson-Newman on Friday night at 7:30 p.m., at the Abney Athletic Center at Anderson University.
WATCH: Southeast Regional
AUDIO: Bearcat Broadcasting Network
LIVE STATS: Southeast Regional
SOCIAL: Follow @LanderWBB on Twitter for in-game updates
• Lander (22-8) is making its 13th apperance in the NCAA Tournament. The Bearcat are 10-12 overall in the NCAA Tournament and are back in the Southeast Regional for the fifth consecutive season. Lander earned its first-ever trip to the NCAA Tournament in 1999.
• Lander and Carson-Newman have met once in the NCAA Tournament. The Eagles topped the Bearcats in the second round of last year's Southeast Regional.
• The Bearcats have not won first-round games at the NCAA Tournament in three consecutive seasons since 2010-12.
• Lander has won at least 20 games in a season for the 16th time in program history. The Bearcats have recorded five consecutive 20+ win seasons for the first time since 2007-12.
• The Bearcats are 6-8 all-time against Carson-Newman.
• The Peach Belt Conference has put at least three teams in the NCAA Tournament for the fourth consecutive season. Lander is back in the postseason for the fourth consecutive year, while North Georgia is in the tournament for the second straight year and Clayton State returns for the third time in four seasons.
• Lander is trying to win 23 games for the fifth straight year.