GREENWOOD – The second-seeded Lander women's basketball team begins its quest for a fourth consecutive appearance in the Peach Belt Conference Tournament championship on Wednesday night, as the Bearcats host seventh-seeded Francis Marion in the quarterfinals of the PBC tournament at 5:30 p.m. in Horne Arena.
WATCH: Bearcat Broadcasting Network
LIVE STATS: Women's Basketball
SOCIAL: Follow @LanderWBB on Twitter for in-game updates
• Lander (21-7, 18-4 PBC) is participating in its 25th Peach Belt Conference tournament in 27 years. The Bearcats are 26-19 all-time in the PBC tournament. Lander is searching for its fifth tournament championship in program history (1999, '08, '09, '16).
• With a 105-63 win over Augusta on Saturday, the Bearcats recorded 21 wins for the fifth consecutive season, the longest such stretch in program history.
• The Bearcats are meeting Francis Marion (12-14, 9-13 PBC) in the PBC Tournament for the fourth time. Lander has won all three contests against the Patriots in PBC tournament play. The two are meeting for the first time since the 2009 semifinals.
• Lander is currently No. 5 in the Southeast Regional poll.
• The Bearcats enter the postseason having won 12 of their last 14 games.
• Lander leads the PBC in scoring (81.9 points per game), field goals made per game (29.1), three-pointers made per game (8.3), free throws made per game (15.4), free-throw percentage (75.1), turnovers per game (14.7), and opponents' three-point percentage (26.0).
• The Patriots are third in the conference with 4.3 blocks per game and boast the league's leading scorer, Shaunice Fulmore, who is averaging 19.3 points per game.