FLORENCE, S.C. – The No. 25-ranked Lander women's basketball team (11-2, 6-1 PBC) is back on the road Wednesday to take on in-state foe Francis Marion (8-3, 5-1 PBC) at 5:30 p.m. in a Peach Belt Conference matchup.
WATCH: FMU Patriots
LIVE STATS: Presto Sports
SOCIAL: Follow @LUBearcatsWBB on Twitter for in-game updates
• The Bearcat and Patriot scoring defenses are separated by one-tenth of a point, as Lander allows 63.3 points per game against Francis Marion's 63.4.
• Lander and Francis Marion are also nearly identical in three-point shooting and turnovers per game. The Bearcats shoot 28.8% from beyond the arc compared to FMU's 28.6% and Lander is averaging 17.0 turnovers per contest, while the Patriots are at 17.1. The two offenses have committed the fewest turnovers per game in the conference this season.
• Both teams ranks in the top three in the PBC in five different statistical categories entering Wednesday's game.
• Senior Breshay Johnson has post four double-doubles in Lander's last five contests.
• The Bearcats appeared in the WBCA NCAA Division II Top 25 Coaches Poll for the fourth time this season and first time since late November. Lander sits at No. 25 after receiving votes in three of the last four polls.
• Lander is 7-2 in the last nine meetings against Francis Marion and has won three of the last four matchups in Florence.
• The Bearcats have shot 86.8% from the free-throw line over their last four games.