COLUMBUS, Ga. – The No. 22-ranked Lander women's basketball team (5-1, 1-0 PBC) faces its first Peach Belt Conference road test of the season, traveling to Columbus State (2-2, 0-0 PBC) for a Saturday afternoon matchup at 1:30 p.m.
WATCH: CSU Cougars
LIVE STATS: SideArm Stats
SOCIAL: Follow @LUBearcatsWBB on Twitter for in-game updates
• The Bearcats and Cougars have combined to win the last four PBC Tournament championships. Lander defeated the Cougars in 2016, while Columbus State topped the Bearcats in 2017 and also claimed the title in 2014 and 2015.
• Columbus State returns five players from last year's squad that advanced to the NCAA Tournament quarterfinals, but lost its top four scorers and top five rebounders from last season. Meanwhile, Lander returns 78% of its points and 84% of its rebounds from a season ago.
• Destinee Langford, Ariana Sanders and Christal Williams each recorded season-high point totals in Lander's 83-46 win over rival Erskine on Thursday night, as all three netted 14 points. The outing marked career-highs for Sanders and Williams.
• The Bearcats and Cougars have met 48 times, with Columbus State holding a 34-14 advantage in the series. Lander's last regular-season win over the Cougars came on January 21, 2011.
• Lander is 10-4 in its last 14 true road games.
• The Bearcats have won their last three road conference openers.