GREENWOOD – The Lander men's golf team will host the 10th annual Bearcat Classic on Monday and Tuesday, at the par-72, 6,800-yard Greenwood Country Club.
• Lander has four top-10 finishes this season, including a third-place finish at the Jay Jennison Cup and a fifth-place finish at the Hurricane Invitational.
• The 54-hole event will feature 36 holes on Monday and 18 on Tuesday. Play will begin with a shotgun start at 8:30 a.m. on both days. Lander will be paired with Young Harris and Georgia Southwestern on Monday.
• The Bearcats finished seventh at last year's event as Young Harris claimed the team title.
• The field of 22 teams includes the Bearcats, No. 7 Young Harris, No. 11 Lincoln Memorial, Anderson, Barton, Belmont Abbey, Catawba, Clayton State, Coker, Delta State, Erskine, Flagler, Georgia College, Georgia Southwestern, King, Lenoir-Rhyne, Mount Olive, Newberry, North Georgia, Queens, West Georgia, and Wingate.
• Jon Parker has two top-10 finishes to his credit this season.
• Maxime Legros carded a 216 to finish in a tie for 14th at last weekend's Bobcat Invitational.
• The Bearcats are currently 55th in the GolfStat Relative Rankings and are receiving votes in the latest GCAA Coaches Poll.