GREENWOOD – The second-seeded Lander women's soccer team begins its quest for the Peach Belt Conference Tournament championship on Tuesday night, as the Bearcats host seventh-seeded Georgia College in the quarterfinals of the PBC Tournament at 7:00 p.m., at Van Taylor Stadium.
WATCH: Bearcat Broadcasting Network
LIVE STATS: Women's Soccer
SOCIAL: Follow @LanderWSoccer on Twitter for in-game updates
• Lander (12-2-1, 7-2-1 PBC) is participating in its 17th Peach Belt Conference tournament in 19 years. The Bearcats are 4-16 all-time in the PBC Tournament. Lander is searching for its first berth in the PBC Tournament semifinals since 2013.
• With a 3-1 win over Georgia Southwestern on Saturday, Lander secured the No. 2 seed in the tournament, its highest-ever seed in the conference tournament.
• The Bearcats are meeting Georgia College (10-5-3, 3-4-3 PBC) in the PBC Tournament for the second time. The two last met in the tournament in 2008, when Georgia College eliminated Lander with a 2-0 win in the first round.
• Lander rose to No. 3 in last week's Southeast Regional poll.
• The Bearcats enter the postseason on an five-match winning streak. Lander's last six-match winning streak came in 2013.
• Junior Emily Jermstad is tied for the conference lead in assists (10).
• Lander last hosted a postseason match in 2013, when the Bearcats defeated North Georgia 5-3 in the PBC Tournament quarterfinals.