GREENWOOD – The Lander softball team looks to end its season on a winning note on Friday when the Bearcats host USC Aiken in a Senior Day doubleheader at 4:00 p.m., at Doug Spears Field.
WATCH: Game 1 Game 2
SOCIAL: Follow @landersoftball on Twitter for in-game updates
• Saturday will mark the final collegiate games for seniors Destiny Clyde, Emily Marousek, MaKenzie Smith and Reychel Webster. Clyde, a second baseman from Loganville, Ga., has started all 183 games in her Bearcat career. Marousek, a utility player from Chicago, Ill., has played in 121 career games at Lander. Smith, a utility player from Aiken, S.C., was an All-Peach Belt selection for the Bearcats as a junior. Webster, an outfielder from Stuyvesant, N.Y., has started at least 40 games in three different seasons at Lander.
• Lander (19-29) has won four of its last six games, splitting its previous two conference doubleheaders with Georgia College and Augusta.
• Junior McKenzi Ferguson was named the PBC Pitcher of the Week after tossing two complete-game shutout and earning three wins last week for the Bearcats.
• The Bearcats have been hit by pitch a leage-high 49 times this season. Smith leads the team, drawing 13 HBP on the year.
• A sweep will give Lander a winning record at home for the second consecutive season. The Bearcats last posted home winning records in back-to-back years in 2010-11.
• Lander is averaging 166 fans per game at home this season, the highest home attendance in at least eight years.
• The Bearcats have hit 38 home runs this season, marking the first time since 2006 that Lander has topped 30 homers in a year.