GREENWOOD – The Lander softball team continues its 12-game home stretch this weekend with Peach Belt Conference contests against Columbus State and Georgia Southwestern. The doubleheader against the Cougars was pushed up to Friday due to the threat of inclement weather on Sunday. The Bearcats will face the Hurricanes on Saturday.
SOCIAL: Follow @landersoftball on Twitter for in-game updates
• Lander (11-21) split with Montevallo last Sunday at Doug Spears Field. The win over the Falcons snapped a seven-game skid.
• The Bearcats are halfway through a season-long stretch of 12 consecutive games at home.
• Lander trails Columbus State 51-12 in the series. The Bearcats and Cougars have split the last four meetings.
• The Bearcats have faced Georgia Southwestern 20 times, with the Hurricanes holding a 12-8 advantage. Lander swept the Hurricanes on the road last season.
• Lander has played 11 games this season that have been decided by a single run.
• Sophomore Madison Moore leads the Bearcats with 20 runs batted in this season.
• Sophomore Chandler Carey owns a team-high .630 slugging percentage to go with her .333 batting average.