GREENWOOD – The Lander softball team returns to action after a week-long layoff on Saturday afternoon when the Bearcats host Flagler at Doug Spears Field for a Peach Belt Conference doubleheader. The two teams were scheduled to play last weekend, but pushed the games back a week due to inclement weather.
SOCIAL: Follow @landersoftball on Twitter for in-game updates
• Lander (10-18) will be playing just its fifth doubleheader at home all season.
• The Bearcats, who played Armstrong State at home last Saturday, are scheduled to play their next 10 games at Doug Spears Field, part of a 14-game home stretch.
• Lander is 8-7 all-time against Flagler. The Bearcats and Saints have split the last four meetings.
• Flagler has not visited Greenwood since March 23, 2013.
• Lander's 11 runs in a 19-11 loss to Armstrong State last Saturday were the most runs scored by the Bearcats in a PBC game since March 21, 2009, when Lander blanked Georgia Southwestern 11-0.
• Three Bearcats are currently hitting over .300 on the season. Sophomores Brianna Surrento (.342) and Chandler Carey (.324) and senior Destiny Clyde (.308) have combined for 15 doubles, nine home runs and 36 runs batted in.
• Freshman Logan Leverette leads the Bearcats with 12 walks drawn this season.