Columbia, S.C. - The Lander men's and women's cross country teams are set to return to action in Saturday's Koala Classic in Columbia. The race will be held at SOAR Fields with the women's 5K race beginning at 9:40 a.m. and the men's 8K starting at 10:15 a.m.
• The course at SOAR Fields is comprised mostly of trails with some grass fields and a few road crossings.
• The men's team enters Saturday's contest after a two-week hiatus from running. The Bearcats finished 15th at the Bulldog Stampede in their last outing.
• The women's team ran in last week's Upstate Invitational, but did not have enough runners to qualify for the team competition. Freshman Catey Rithianos was the top-runner for Lander with a time of 21:59 and finish of 112th.
• Rithianos has been the fastest runner for the Bearcats in four of the team's five races. Freshman Allie Reynolds ran out front for Lander at the Eye Opener Invitational in the team's first event of the season.
• Freshman Jeron Brown led the men's team at the Bulldog Stampede in the Bearcats' first 10K race of the season. Brown finished 98th with a time of 41:35. Freshman Yancy Killian wasn't far behind with a time of 41:54 and a finish of 100th.
• Saturday's race will be Lander's last opportunity to fine-tune its running before the Peach Belt Conference Championship held on Oct. 21st in Fort Benning, Ga.