Savannah, Ga. – The No. 8-ranked and third-seeded Lander men's tennis team travels to Armstrong State looking to make a run in the NCAA Southeast Regional beginning with an opening round matchup against sixth-seeded USC Aiken on Saturday afternoon at 1:00 p.m., at the Armstrong State Tennis Complex.
SOCIAL: Follow @LanderTennis on Twitter for in-game updates
• Lander (16-5) is making its 24th apperance in the NCAA Tournament. The Bearcats are 53-16 overall in the NCAA Tournament and are making their 12th consecutive appearance. Since joining the NCAA Division II ranks in 1992-93, the Bearcats have missed the NCAA Tournament just once.
• Lander and USC Aiken have never met in the NCAA Tournament. The Bearcats have won their last three meetings against Peach Belt opponents in NCAA Tournament play.
• Lander defeated USC Aiken 7-2 during the regular season and 5-2 in the opening round of the Peach Belt Conference Tournament.
• The Bearcats are 22-1 all-time in NCAA Tournament openers.
• Lander has won at least 16 matches in a season for the 18th time in program history. The Bearcats have recorded eight consecutive 16+ win seasons, the longest such stretch in program history.
• Groner is ranked No. 42 in the latest Oracle/ITA Division II men's national singles rankings.