EVANS, Ga. – The seventh-ranked and second-seeded and Lander men's soccer team returns to the Peach Belt Tournament semifinals for the fourth consecutive season as the Bearcats face fifth-seeded Clayton State on Friday afternoon at 2:00 p.m., at Blanchard Woods Park.
WATCH: Peach Belt
LIVE STATS: Semifinals
SOCIAL: Follow @LanderMSOC on Twitter for in-game updates
• Lander (13-1-2) is participating in its 27th Peach Belt Conference tournament in 28 years. The Bearcats are 35-21 all-time in the PBC tournament. Lander is searching for its sixth tournament championship in program history (1991, '96, '06, '09, '17).
• The Bearcats faced Clayton State (3-10-3) on Oct. 24 in Morrow, Ga., defeating the Lakers 4-0 with four second half goals. Lander was the only PBC team to shut out Clayton State at home this season.
• Overall, the Bearcats and Lakers have met six times in the PBC Tournament, with Lander holding a 4-2 series lead. Clayton State defeated Lander in the 2007 conference championship match in overtime.
• Lander remained at No. 7 in this week's United Soccer Coaches Division II Men's National Poll this week. The Bearcats sit at No. 2 in the NCAA Southeast Regional poll.
• The Bearcats are looking to return to the PBC Tournament championship for the fourth consecutive season. Lander played in four consecutive championship matches from 2006-09. The Bearcats played for five straight titles from 1993-97.
• Lander leads the PBC with 12 shutouts this season.
• The Bearcats have not allowed a goal in their last 509:12, while Clayton State has not scored in two of its last three matches.