Wingate, N.C. – The No. 17-ranked and third-seeded Lander men's soccer team (13-3-2) takes on 13th-ranked and second-seeded Wingate (14-4-1) in the second round of the NCAA Southeast Regional on Sunday afternoon at 1:00 p.m., at Pride Park.
WATCH: Southeast Regional
LIVE STATS: Southeast Regional
SOCIAL: Follow @LanderMSOC on Twitter for in-game updates
• Lander is making its 12th apperance in the NCAA Tournament. The Bearcat are 6-8-4 overall in the NCAA Tournament and are back in the Southeast Regional for the third consecutive season. Lander earned its first-ever trip to the NCAA Tournament in 1996.
• Lander and Wingate have met twice in the NCAA Tournament. The Bulldog defeated the Bearcats 2-1 in 2012 and advanced past Lander on penalty kicks in the 2015 tournament.
• Lander's last appearance in the second round in the NCAA Tournament came in 2013, when the Bearcats knocked off 19th-ranked Queens 2-1.
• Lander has won at least 13 games in a season for the 18th time in program history and third consecutive year, the longest stretch since 1993-97.
• Sophomore George Knight scored the lone goal for the Bearcats in a 1-0 win over Lincoln Memorial on Friday night in the opening round of the regional.
• The Peach Belt Conference has had at least one team advance to the second round of the NCAA Tournament seven of the past eight seasons. This year marks the first time since 2012 multiple PBC teams have advanced to the second round.
• Lander is searching for its first appearance in the NCAA Southeast Regional championship since 2013.