Wingate, N.C. – On the heels of winning its second consecutive regular season title and first tournament championship since 2012, the No. 17-ranked Lander men's soccer team (12-3-2, 6-0-1 PBC) is set to take on Lincoln Memorial (10-4-3, 4-3-3 SAC) in the first round of the NCAA Tournament. The Bearcats will hit the pitch at 7:00 p.m. at the Wingate Soccer Complex for Friday's battle against the Railsplitters.
WATCH: NCAA Tournament
LIVE STATS: SideArm Stats
SOCIAL: Follow @LanderMSOC on Twitter for in-game updates
• The Bearcats discovered that they would be awarded the No. 3-seed in the Southeast Regional on Monday night. Their opponent, No. 6-seeded Lincoln Memorial, enters this year's field after falling to Wingate in the semifinals of the South Atlantic Conference Tournament.
• This is the first meeting all-time between Lander and Lincoln Memorial.
• This marks the third time in program history that the Railsplitters will appear in the NCAA Tournament and their first appearance since 2007. Lander is making its third consecutive appearance in the tournament.
• The Bearcats are seeking their first tournament win since defeating Flagler and Queens in 2013. Also a No. 3-seed in 2013, the Bearcats won two games before falling at the hands of eventual national runner-up Carson-Newman.
• Lincoln Memorial holds a 6-2-1 record in the NCAA Tournament while the Bearcats claim a 5-8-4 all-time mark.
• Lincoln Memorial is led by senior forward Daniel da Silva who notched an SAC second-best 12 goals and a conference-best 31 points.
• The winner of Friday's contest will take on the defending national champions of Wingate on Sunday.