GREENWOOD – Coming off a 14-run win on Tuesday night, the Lander baseball team returns to action Friday to host its final home weekend series of the season against Florida Southern. The Bearcats and Moccasins will play a doubleheader on Friday beginning at 2:00 p.m. and the series finale on Saturday at 1:00 p.m. Six Lander players will be honored on Saturday during "Senior Day" festivities.
SOCIAL: Follow @LanderBaseball on Twitter for in-game updates
Friday: Cameron Tekker (4-1, 5.58 ERA) vs. Logan Browning (5-1, 3.77 ERA)
Saturday: Sam Linn (1-6, 6.47 ERA) vs. Jake Walsh (8-1, 1.80 ERA)
Sunday: TBD vs. Chase Pilato (4-2, 4.67 ERA)
• Lander (18-21) snapped a five-game losing streak with a 14-0 win over Claflin on Tuesday night, the second shutout of the season for the Bearcats.
• The Bearcats hit four home runs against the Panthers on Tuesday, giving them 55 on the year. Lander ranks second in the PBC in homers and entered the week 11th in the nation in home runs.
• Lander has tossed at least two shutouts in three consecutive seasons.
• This weekend marks the first ever meeting between Lander and Florida Southern.
• The Bearcats are 9-2 in their last 11 three-game series against non-conference opponents, dating back to 2012.
• Lander has not played a three-game series against a non-conference opponent in April since 2013, when the Bearcats swept Limestone.
• Lander is averaging 326 fans per home game this season, third-highest in the Peach Belt Conference.