GREENWOOD – The Lander baseball team will put its three-game winning streak on the line this weekend when it hosts Young Harris in a Peach Belt Conference series this weekend at Dolny Stadium. The Bearcats and Mountain Lions play a doubleheader on Saturday at 1:00 p.m., with the series finale on Sunday at 1:00 p.m.
SOCIAL: Follow @LanderBaseball on Twitter for in-game updates
Friday: Cameron Tekker (3-0, 4.71 ERA) vs. Brian Syphoe (0-0, 4.50 ERA)
Saturday: Sam Linn (0-5, 6.45 ERA) vs. Hudson Graham (1-2, 5.72 ERA)
Sunday: JD Cook (2-1, 2.89 ERA) vs. Michael Livingston (4-2, 3.25 ERA)
• Lander (15-16) defeated USC Aiken on a pair of walkoff wins last weekend to claim the series. Ryan Troutman's walkoff single in the 10th inning tied the series on Saturday and a solo homer from Alex Conaway in the bottom of the ninth on Sunday gave the Bearcats the series. Lander defeated Limestone 9-6 in a non-conference game on Wednesday night.
• The wins over USC Aiken gave the Bearcats their third PBC series win of the season and their second in a row.
• Sophomore Robbie Hoyt has earned wins in each of Lander's last three games. Hoyt has struck out nine batters and walked just one in his last three appearances.
• The Bearcats homered in all three games against USC Aiken. In Lander's three conference series wins, the Bearcats have homered in all three games.
• Lander is 11-1 all-time against Young Harris. The Mountain Lions' lone win came in the series opener in 2015.
• The Bearcats have managed at least one extra-base in 28 consecutive games.
• Lander is averaging 339 fans per home game this season, third-highest in the Peach Belt Conference.