GREENWOOD – The Lander baseball team will play its lone non-conference game of the month at home on Thursday night at 5:00 p.m. as the Bearcats host Anderson at Dolny Stadium. The game was pushed up one hour due to threat of inclement weather.
WATCH: Bearcat Broadcasting Network
LIVE STATS: Baseball
SOCIAL: Follow @LanderBaseball on Twitter for in-game updates
Cameron Tekker (2-0, 8.00 ERA) vs. TBA
• Lander (9-13) is coming off a series loss on the road at Flagler. The Bearcat split a doubleheader against the Saints to conclude the series.
• The Bearcats have scored 18 runs in the first and eighth innings of games this season.
• Freshman infielder Colton Yeager is batting .313 on the season with a team-high 26 hits.
• Junior outfielder Alec Dowell has reached base safely in 11 consecutive games.
• The Bearcats lead the overall series with Anderson 23-11. Lander defeated Anderson 11-2 on the road on Valentine's Day earlier this season.
• The last time Lander hosted Anderson, the Bearcats dropped a 9-7 decision to the Trojans. In that game, Lander set the NCAA Division II national record by scoring in its 264th consecutive game, breaking the record set by Central Missouri in 1996.
• Lander is averaging 343 fans per home game this season, third-highest in the Peach Belt Conference.