GREENWOOD – The Lander baseball team will search for its first three-game winning streak of the season Wednesday night when it hosts Limestone for a non-conference matchup. First pitch at Dolny Stadium is set for 5:00 p.m.
WATCH: Bearcat Broadcasting Network
LIVE STATS: Baseball
SOCIAL: Follow @LanderBaseball on Twitter for in-game updates
Colton Rogers (2-0, 5.11 ERA) vs. Robert Bamford (0-0, 3.86 ERA)
• Lander (4-7) earned its first series win of the season last weekend by taking two of three from Mars Hill. The Bearcats swept a doubleheader on Sunday to clinch the series.
• The series attendance of 1,082 was the largest for a home series in February since the Dolny Stadium opening against Newberry in 2012.
• Lander's pitching staff tallied 39 strikeouts against Mars Hill, the first time the Bearcats averaged 10 strikeouts per game in a series since striking out 33 in a sweep of Young Harris last February.
• In Sunday's doubleheader, Bearcat relievers Joseph Whitt, Cameron Tekker and Marshall Thompson held Mars Hill to just two hits in 6.0 innings, while striking out 14 batters. Thompson became the third freshman in the last four seasons to record a save.
• The Bearcats and Saints have split 28 all-time meetings. Lander has won the last five games in the series.
• Lander has won all four meetings with Limestone at Dolny Stadium. The 2012 game featured a no-hitter from Lander's Todd Hughson.
• Lander is averaging 375 fans per home game this season, third-highest in the Peach Belt Conference.