GREENWOOD – The Lander baseball team returns to Dolny Stadium for its first full weekend at home as the Bearcats host Mars Hill. The teams are scheduled for a doubleheader at 2:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. on Saturday with the series finale Sunday at 1:00 p.m.
SOCIAL: Follow @LanderBaseball on Twitter for in-game updates
Saturday (G1): JD Cook (0-1, 1.69 ERA) vs. Alec Bivens (1-1, 4.22 ERA)
Saturday (G2): JD Waite (0-0, 0.00 ERA) vs. Zac Brown (1-0, 1.86 ERA)
Sunday: TBD vs. TBD
• Lander (2-6) notched an 11-2 win on the road against Anderson on Tuesday night. Eight different Bearcat starters recorded hits against the Trojans, with five players tallying at least two base knocks.
• Freshman infielder Colton Yeager doubled twice in the win over Anderson, making him the first Bearcat freshman to hit two doubles in a game since Erik Lunde on April 12, 2011. Yeager enters the weekend on a six-game hitting streak.
• The Bearcats have won four of their last five weekend series at Dolny Stadium.
• This weekend marks the first time Lander has hosted a three-game weekend series against a non-conference opponent since Feburary of 2013, when the Bearcats swept West Chester.
• Lander has never hosted Mars Hill at Dolny Stadium. The Bearcats and Lions last met in 2007.
• The Bearcats own a 4-1 all-time record against Mars Hill. Lander swept the Lions at Legion Field in 2004 before splitting a home-and-home series in 2007.
• Lander is averaging 396 fans per home game this season, third-highest in the Peach Belt Conference.