GREENWOOD – The Lander baseball team takes on North Greenville for three games at three different fields this weekend. The Bearcats travel to Tigerville on Thursday at 3:00 p.m., before hosting the Crusaders at 5:00 p.m. on Friday and wrapping up the weeked in Lexington for a Saturday afternoon affair at 1:00 p.m.
SOCIAL: Follow @LanderBaseball on Twitter for in-game updates
Thursday: Jacob Childress (0-0, 0.00 ERA) vs. TBD
Friday: Sam Linn (0-1, 3.00 ERA) vs. TBD
Saturday: JD Cook (0-1, 3.86 ERA) vs. TBD
• Lander (1-3) took a 19-7 win over Newberry in the Bearcats' home opener on Tuesday night. Lander registered 19 runs on 21 hits, the most since plating 24 runs on 21 hits in a win over Anderson on March 23, 2016.
• Bailey Connell, Mason Dodd, Reed Gray and Zach Giczewski each homered against the Wolves. The game marked the first time four different Bearcats knocked a home run in the same game since April 19, 2015, when Thomas Berry, Matt White, Will Jones and Alex Conaway all homered against UNC Pembroke.
• 11 different Bearcats have seen their first action in a Lander uniform this season, including four pitchers.
• Lander's 19 runs on Wednesday in Jason Burke's first career win as head coach mark the most ever in a new Bearcat coach's first victory. Four of Lander's six coaches have seen the Bearcats score 10 or more runs in their first win at the school.
• Junior outfielder Alec Dowell has burst out of the gates in his first season at Lander. The transfer from Saint Johns River C.C. is batting .357 and leads the team with five hits, three doubles, eight toal bases and three walks.
• Lander leads the all-time series against North Greenville 26-9. The Bearcats have won the last 12 season series against the Crusaders and have won 11 of the last 12 meetings in Greenwood.
• This marks the second consecutive season that Lexington County Stadium will host the Bearcats and Crusaders. The two teams met there last year with North Greenville winning the series finale 11-5.